Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A little fruit and veg goes a long way

My eating had started getting out of control - Chik-fil-a stops on my way to work for waffle fries (10 WW points!!), overindulging in my favorite vice - sushi, and neglecting to track every BLT (bite, taste and lick!) - and the scale wasn't budging from the high end of my acceptable weight range (you know those 4 pounds that you juggle between). So, I had to do something and my mom sent me just the thing - Women's Running 3-day healthy cleanse diet plan. Score!

What it really comes down to is a whole lot of fruit and veg over 3 days to get you back on track. Exactly what I needed. And the soups are delicious! I will definitely be making the carrot soup again sometime and I highly recommend you check it out. I'm not a huge fan of ginger though, so I left that out. Check out the original post if you would prefer ginger in yours.

Carrot Soup
Needed:
-1.5 pounds of carrots
-1 onion, chopped
-1 zucchini, chopped
-4 cups of water
-Garlic
-Any additional spices you want to add - I went for basil and savory
-toppings to put on completed soup - i used avocado, sunflower seeds and tomato


1. Bring the water to a slight boil, add all the ingredients and let it simmer until soft - about an hour.


2. Add all the cooked veggies and half of the broth to a blender and blend until desired consistency. Done.



It's that simple.

Top it with whatever your heart's desire and that is the only thing that has Weight Watcher point values. It makes a lot, but they said you can freeze it and use it another time if you get a little overwhelmed by too much carrots.


I'm on the third day of the plan and I feel so good. The scale is back where it should be and I feel a new urge to eat healthy. Awesome.

Today is the broccoli soup. I'll let you know how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment