Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A day of firsts

Yesterday was pretty exciting. Not only did I start my half marathon training program with Fleet Feet Mt. Pleasant, but I also got my first box of produce delivered from Backyard Produce. It obviously doesn't take much to excite me.

But I am pretty excited about the training program. The people seem great, the trainers are experienced and informative and I have a feeling they are going to get me that sub-2 hour half marathon. Tuesdays are going to be a mixture of speed, hills and other intense workouts and Saturdays will be our long runs.

Yesterday we went to the track and after a warmup lap we went into some dynamic stretching before starting the sliders. I had never heard that term before but it came down to sprinting the straights and jogging the curves on the track, and we did that for 20 minutes. I have been so bad about speed work in the past that I'm positive this is going to help me reach my goal.

Then after that endorphin high, I came home to a box of fresh produce! I immediately popped the kale in the oven and made a batch of kale chips with olive oil, basil and shallot salt. Yummo! I also made a beautiful salad with the romaine and peppers for work today. Seriously, can you get any better than produce straight to your front door? Don't think so.


Kale chips, the dieters popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment