Thursday, April 25, 2013

Procrastination Nation

There are two things I need to be doing right now: 1. A presentation for work and 2. Run 6 miles. So, instead I'm writing this blog. (I'll get to both today, don't worry!)

First off, the fish and chips that me and the hubby made last night were superb (check it out) and second, frozen cherries turned out pretty good when blended. Still not quite banana level, but one step up from mango.

Another procrastination tool I use is food. Because I love to eat. So, here's what I made for lunch today:

Corn, chickpea and tomato egg rolls

If you have never used these egg roll wraps before, you should. They are awesome. You can put whatever you want in them, roll them up, bake them and voila! You could even put a banana and nutella in it and make dessert (check out that magic here)

I haven't gone grocery shopping yet since I've been home, so I'm kind of just eating whatever I can find, or must-go's, if you will. So, I looked around my freezer, fridge and pantry and this is what I came up with.

-Egg roll wraps (3 for 4 weight watchers points)
-Frozen corn (3 points for 2/3 cup)
-Chickpeas (2 points for 1/3 cup)
-Tomato (0 points!)

1. I cut up the tomato and mixed it with the chickpeas and corn then sprinkled a little garlic salt over the top. 
2. Next, I laid out the wraps and got a little container of water to use to help seal the wraps
3. I put the mixings on the center of the wrap, folded in the short ends, put a little water on each of those folded ends, added a little smear of water to the other flap, then rolled it over and placed the flap on the bottom so it would stay closed (I later looked on the package of the egg rolls and it shows you how to roll them, much better than me)
4. Then I popped them in the oven at 400 degrees for 10ish minutes and voila!




Again, these wraps are great because you can put whatever inside of them. Hungry Girl has a FANTASTIC recipe swap for California Pizza Kitchen's Avocado Club Egg Rolls (my favorite thing on their menu when I ate meat, now I just make the swap using meatless chicken or go without) and once I get to the grocery store to get some fixin's my plan is to make these Southwestern Egg Rolls. So, fill them up till your heart's content!


No comments:

Post a Comment