Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I do what I wanna do

I went and bought the free weights so that I could do my weight lifting routine at home and not have to deal with people at the gym (check out the workout routine here, and why I don't want to deal with people here). Of course, then I got distracted for about 6 hours before getting back to the workout, BUT I did do it. And I also ran my 5 miles last night and I have been drinking water like I said I would. Slowly but surely!

So, if you haven't checked out banana ice cream, you should. (recipe post) It's pretty amazing. I tried a couple of experiments the last couple nights because I was out of bananas (blasphemy!) and here's what I came up with:

Frozen Strawberries - no
Frozen Mango - kinda

The strawberries turned into the grainy ice pellets like the bananas, but then they never smoothed out afterward. Of course, I still ate it and it was still good, but it was more of a italian ice or sorbet consistency instead of ice cream like the bananas.



The mango was kind of a mix between the two - not quite as creamy as the banana, but less grainy than the strawberries. I'm going to try cherries next. Wish me luck.

So, I've been a bit scatter brained since I've been home (all of 4 days) and can't get on a schedule. Every time I try to do something, I get distracted.

Here are just a couple examples:

I took my cat outside to play in the sunshine

I lounged on my hammock and read a book on my Kindle

I asked kitten to workout for me, but she wouldn't.

I found some pretty lipstick and proceeded to play dress-up


Eventually, I did get my act together enough to workout and make some dinner. Tonight, we're having fish and chips! 

For the 'chips' I cut up two potatoes into little wedges and sprinkled a bunch of spices on them. Whatever you like is what you should coat them with:

I went with rosemary, basil, oregeno, chives, italian seasoning and garlic salt

Next, lay them on a baking pan, give them a spritz of oil and put them in the oven at 350 for about 40 minutes. They may take longer, so just keep checking them about every 5 minutes after the 40 minute mark:


My hubby made the fish, but that just consisted of coating some cod in bread crumbs and baking it in the oven for about 30 minutes, then turning on the broiler to crisp it up a bit:



No comments:

Post a Comment