Monday, May 13, 2013

Geocaching

I need to tell you about my newest obsession - geocaching! It's an app that you find the grid coordinates of where a hidden item is and you go find it and sign your geocache username on it. My daddy-o got me and my sister hooked a couple months ago and yesterday me and the hubs went on a caching spree. We started at the National Harbor in Maryland, found 2, hopped over the river to Virginia where we got lost on 2, but found 1, then skipped back over to DC where we were too scared to get out of the car to look for the cache, so we left. After taking a little dinner break, we walked to the University of Maryland and found 5 more! In total, we walked about 6 miles in search of these 8 little hidden treasures, then I came home and did 5 more miles on the treadmill. May not have been all together, but trust me, my legs told me they had done 11 miles (and remember, I'm trying to have fun and not get burnt out!)

Then, today, me and a friend ran 6 miles with some pretty insane hills. I am tired, because if you remember, I also did 8.6 on Saturday, but I'm also feeling pretty good about myself.

We (obviously) also had a couple really good meals since the last time I wrote. First, I have to share about this Cilantro-Lime Dressing that I came across on Pinterest. Oh. My. Goodness. It was tasty! It was so creamy and tangy and really gave the flounder and salad a kick. I smeared it on the fish with the last 5 minutes to go in the oven and let it melt a bit over the top, then I also mixed a little in with the salad (pretty epic salad of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and corn). I couldn't get enough of it! However, it is pretty high on the point scale. It's 16 points for the whole thing, so I used half the batch, so still 8 WW points!

Cilantro-Lime Dressing

1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
1-2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
1/8 tsp. salt

1. Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.

2. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.

Too easy!

Look at how awesome that salad is!


Then, yesterday, while geocaching, we went to Elevation Burger in the National Harbor and had one of the most amazing veggie burgers, ever! And they wrapped it in lettuce instead of a bun so I didn't feel as guilty about the boat of fries I had on the side:

Boat of french fries!

You can see how tasty it is just by looking at the picture!

Seriously, life is too short not to enjoy every bite of food you put in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment