Sunday, May 19, 2013

Capitol Hill Classic 10K

Today, I did the Capitol Hill Classic 10K in DC and while it wasn't a PR, I was still happy with my time, especially considering the conditions:

Ugh! So depressing

It only got worse as the race went on, with the rain coming down for the last mile and running into my eyes. Besides the weather, the race was really good. It was a scenic course that wound through DC and around the stadium, and even had a hill that about killed me right after mile 4. All considering, I still finished in less than 55 minutes and seeing how I added a little bit of distance from weaving in and out of people, I'll take it. 


It was so cold and icky! I stole my hubby's sweats while he ran his 3k

My 10k PR still stands at 54:12 from the Veteran's Day 10k from Pacer's running store this past November. I had just completed the Marine Corps Marathon in the month prior, so I was in pretty good shape at that time.

Just to add a little more mileage, I came home and did 2 more miles on the treadmill bringing me to 8(.6 including the little extras, but who's counting) miles for the day!


I really needed these miles because I also signed up for another race, the Alexandria Running Festival Half Marathon next weekend. I'm not planning to get a PR on it (currently 2:07); I am just using it to see where I am stand time-wise for my goal of a sub-2 hour marathon. I know I'm not there right now, so I just want to see where I'm at and how hard I need to work to get there by the fall.

After the race this morning, I followed up with some nom-noms.

This is a recipe that I haven't done in awhile, but it is REALLY good. It's originally from Hungry Girl and can be altered in any way, based on what ingredients you have at home.

Crunchwrap Supreme
(Mine was 11 Weight Watchers points, it will change based on what you put inside)

1 Tortilla Wrap (I used Mission Sun-dried tomato)
1 Taco Shell
1/2 cup meatless crumbles
1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese (or a Laughing Cow cheese wedge)
1/4 cup shredded lettuce
1/3 tomato, diced
1 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
1/2 tsp. taco seasoning

1. Cook up the meatless crumbles for just a couple minutes in a pan

2. Warm tortilla for a few seconds in the microwave (making it easier to fold without ripping), and then lay it out on a flat surface

3.  Place the crumbles in the center of the tortilla. Flatten the mixture into a circle, keeping it about 2 inches from the edge of the tortilla. Top with the other toppings - lettuce, salsa, cheese, etc.


4. Next, layer the taco shell (broken in half and with the cheese spread on it if you're using Laughing Cow) on top of the soy crumble mixture. 

If you're using Laughing Cow, smear it on the taco shell then place it cheese-side down

Cheese-side down on top of the fillings

5. Hungry Girl has good FOLDING INSTRUCTIONS so why reinvent the wheel: Starting at the bottom of the tortilla, fold edge up to the center of the tortilla. Then going around the edge of the tortilla, repeatedly fold overlapping sections to meet the center, for a total of about 6 folds (until filling is completely enclosed)



6. In a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, over medium heat, carefully place the folded tortilla in the center of the pan (folded side down). Heat for 3 - 4 minutes. Carefully flip the wrap with a spatula and heat for another 30 seconds



7. Top with sour cream, salsa, guacamole or anything else you can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment