Monday, May 6, 2013

Army Strong!

Today I took the Army Physical Fitness Test at work and as my workout. This test is to see how many pushups and sit-ups you can do in two minutes each and how fast you can run 2 miles, then you get a score out of 300 (there's also an extended scale, but that gets complicated) based on how many you did. That score can help you with promotions, awards, or maybe just bragging rights. Not to brag or anything, but when I took the test 2 months ago, I did get a 300 with 48 pushups, 80 sit-ups and a 15:30 two-miler (see? Bragging rights) Today, I didn't do as well, with 49 pushups, 73 sit-ups and a 16:55 run. Not my best work, but still okay with it.

Now, I have to mention the coffee situation, because there is none. What?!?!?! Luckily, I planned ahead and bought these Starbucks iced coffee packs that you just pour directly into a water bottle and voila! Instant coffee fix.

It's pretty good and, either way, it's better than nothing.



I also got to wander around in the woods for awhile doing land navigation. It was the perfect weather, nice and cool, and there were some mean hills along the route. Even found a surprise along the way.



Living the Army dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment