Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to basics

So, the reason I went so long without writing was because of a 2 week work trip.

The very first day there, I woke up with a fever, sore throat and sinus headache, so that kind of put a stop to my training for a couple days. When I got back into it though, I went back to the basics of running - no GPS, no music, I just got up and ran a couple laps around the parking lot till it was time to get ready for work. It was kind of nice to not worry about distance or pace and just focus on going forward. I kept this up for a couple days before I located the gym and hopped on the treadmill to fit in a 6-, 5- and 4-miler.

Now that I'm trying to get back into a routine in a new place, I have been able to log a 10-, 5-, 3-, and 5.5-miler, and I also added an hour of crossfit today. I haven't quite got back up to the mileage I should be, but I don't want to hurt myself with a month left before the marathon.

Between that 5.5-miler and crossfit today though, I'm starving! Starving. I devoured a grilled cheese and salad, then moved on to the hubs' French fries from the Tattooed Moose. Starving.


Guess I will definitely be needing to log more miles tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment