Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A runner's body

"I don't have a runner's body, but I have a runner's heart - and that is all you need," - Sgt. Jennifer Morris.

I really hurt my ankle this weekend on that 18-miler, so I'm taking a cross training day on the bike. Which gives me the opportunity to talk to you!

If you've followed me at all you'd know that this blog is not just about running, but also my weight loss journey. I'm down 35 pounds, which I've lost all through running and Weight Watchers, and while some days I feel like I look awesome, other days I feel like I could drop 10 more pounds.

I see some of these runners who are so slim and fast as can be. I would like to place an order for one (1) runner's body, please!

But what does that take? I've been logging between 35-50 miles a week and eating 32 WW points a day. I think I would starve if I cut the points back down to 26. 

In the mean time, let me share this super tasty chick'n salad:

-Gardein chick'n, whatever kind you like the best. I like the texture of the teriyaki chick'n (without the sauce) better than the tenders, but use what you like.
-2oz mozzarella (best from a log, not shredded)
-romaine (or your favorite green-spinach, ice berg, etc.)
-fresh basil
-any extra veg you want, I used cucumbers.
-balsamic vinaigrette

1. Cook the chick'n as directed, until nice and crispy

2. Cut up all the lettuce and veg and mix it together

3. Top with cut up mozzarella, chick'n and balsamic. Enjoy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment