Tuesday, June 18, 2013

It's a vicious cycle

Do you have those days when you're super stressed, or really tired or just plain feel like crap? Then you don't feel like cooking because you want something greasy and bad for you? Then you don't want to workout because you feel so sluggish from eating so bad? Then you feel even crappier?!
 
It is such a vicious cycle and I've been there. Actually, last night, I wanted to jump right into this spin cycle because I had such a bad day. I was dreaming about the lobster grilled cheese I had last week and the dark chocolate covered praline cake with vanilla ice cream. *drool*
 
But I didn't give in! And right now I feel so much better for it. I made some sauteed cabbage and Lightlife Italian style sausage, then a bowl of frozen fruit with fat free cool whip and Hershey's lite chocolate syrup for dessert. Still tasty and I was able to get out of bed this morning and go for a 5 mile run.


I know it can be so hard not to give in to those cravings, but if you can just take a minute and talk yourself out of it, you'll be thanking yourself the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment