Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Will Run For Beer

So, South Carolina has finally been hit with the cold freeze that has been crippling the nation, so I stuck to the treadmill today, but I still felt like I got a good workout.

I know that I JUST mentioned the St. Louis marathon, but I just found out this past weekend that an Army obligation is going to keep me from going, so instead I have refocused my sights on the Estes Park Marathon in Colorado, June 22. I created my own training plan that I started yesterday with an easy 4-mile run, then some interval training today - half mile warmup at 5.0 (treadmill, remember?), then 30 minutes of sprinting a quarter mile at 7.5, then slowing down for a quarter mile at 6.0, repeating for the 30 minutes, then a half mile cooldown at 5.0. Like I said, it felt like a good workout. I'm also up to 230 squats as part of the 30-day challenge and we will be moving onto abs next month. The rest of my week looks like this: Wednesday - crosstrain, Thursday - 3 miles, Friday - 6 miles, Saturday - rest, Sunday - 2 miles. I have drill with the Army this weekend, so I am taking it fairly light.


An awesome event I want to tell you about was last week, my running store, Fleet Feet Mount Pleasant, had a fun run at Bay Street Biergarten, where you ran 3 miles then drank beer. There is nothing bad about that deal. Each month they partner with a different brewery to sponsor a run, then they offer discounted beers. It gives you a chance to try new places and get out an socialize with the local runners. It's a great time!

Even in the cold, quite a few people still showed up. Amazing what difference beer can make

A great recipe you have to try if you're craving a Philly cheesesteak is using the Gardein beefless tips, sauteing up some peppers and onions and putting it all on a (asiago cheese) hoagie bun with some mozzarella cheese. This is what I chased my run with today and it was perfect. Super tasty and extremely filling!



No comments:

Post a Comment