Thursday, September 12, 2013

"Caprese" Fish

I put Caprese in quotation marks because the original recipe had the traditional ingredients for caprese, but of course, I used what I had on hand and it wasn't actually caprese after that.

The original recipe also used chicken, so this is obviously a loosely based adaptation, but still so tasty! I will DEFINITELY be making this again.

Needed:
-2 tilapia fillets
-salt and pepper
-Olive oil
-1 large tomato, diced up
-green onions (or basil if you have it on hand)
-fresh mozzarella

1. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on each side of the fillets.

2. Heat up a little oil in a pan over medium heat and add the fish to the pan. Let it cook about 10 minutes on each side, or until completely cooked.

3. While the fish is cooking, heat up some more olive oil in another pan and sautee the diced up tomato with whatever other goodies you decide to throw in - green onions, garlic. If you have basil, wait till the end to add it, otherwise it'll get really soggy.



4. Once the fish is done, put it on a plate and pour the tomato mixture over the top. Add a couple slices of mozzarella and enjoy!

We had ours with some asparagus

Oh my goodness, tasty! This was the first time I had cooked fish in a pan myself and I like how it makes it crispy on the outside, but still juicy on the inside. And really, anything with mozzarella cheese is going to be good. Mouth watering!

No comments:

Post a Comment